The following is an update as of September 19, 2018. We are 11 months into our two-year campaign and already 87% of funds pledged have come in! (campaign will go through October 2019)
Amount Received: $545,000.00*
Amount Pledged (not yet received) : $65,773.00
Total Contributions and pledges : $610,773.00
(* of amount received - $306,887.00 are funds set aside before beginning campaign and monies moved from monthly giving since campaign began that were not specifically designated to Rm3 - 100% of that goes toward building project )
We have $137,834.00 cash on Hand
Below is a list of monies spent on building as well as donated out of this campaign:
- The Metal building has been delivered and paid for ($135,306.00)
- Architectural Plans are 100% complete and Paid for($44,000.00)
- Sight plans, grading, retention pond, foundation work for pad prep, etc...($75,609.00 paid for to date)
- $110,000.00 paid for Concrete Pad
- $34,946.00 has been donated to local ministries in Greenwood since October 1,2017
- $5000.00 VCN church planting
- $5,500.00 donated to Foreign missions since October 1, 2017
- Since the end of October we have been able to move an average of $18k per month into our reach more campaign (we have seen a 25% increase in monthly giving since this campaign began which is an average of over $10,000.00 per month increase. This increase started to happen around June of last year and has continues to climb!! )
We believe that the Holy Spirit is leading us to expand our facilities and increase our impact in Greenwood and beyond! WE ARE MINIMALIST WHEN IT COMES TO CONSTRUCTING BUILDINGS. WE SEE THEM SIMPLY AS STRUCTURES THAT FACILITATE THE MOVEMENT OF THE GOSPEL! We have an obvious need for additional space in our NC Kids ministry, and to minister more effectively to families as a whole. God has continued to bless us with growth in every area of our ministry, and we want to respond in faith by making room for the people that God continues to bring! Funds generated from this effort will be utilized in the following 3 ways, which is why you will see the shorter version, Rm3, used during this endeavor:
- 80% of funds received specifically* for our Rm3 campaign will go towards the building of a 600 seat sanctuary, and the renovation of our current sanctuary into much needed space for our NC Kids ministry.
- 10% of funds received specifically* for our Rm3 will go towards blessing local ministries in the Greenwood area who are involved in meeting needs of various demographics, as they share the Gospel with them in the process.
- 10% of funds received specifically* for our Rm3 will be put aside for a future church plant to an unreached people group and to other foreign ministry efforts as needs arise.
*Funds that were on-hand before campaign and funds received that are not specifically designated for the Rm3 campaign may be moved into our building campaign. If such funds are moved out of our general operating account, those funds will be used 100% for our building program.
Reach More [Rm3] will develop through out a series of steps:
Our first phase will be to build a simple but efficient sanctuary that would double our current seating capacity (600). We will also have 4000 square foot above the lobby available for future expansion. Our heart in expanding our facilities is to do so in as frugal a way as is possible. We believe that God has not only brought people to our family who can help us financially but also people who will help us physically with the actual building aspect so that we are able to complete it for an amount that is considerably below the norm.
The second phase of building in the Rm3 campaign will be to renovate our current sanctuary into 4500 square feet of exciting space for our NC Kids ministry. We are very much looking forward to a space that allows the Gospel to be planted in the hearts and minds of the children that spend time with us each week. Our primary area of growth over the last two years has been families with young children and we are excited about a facility that enables us to minister to them in a more effective way.
Will you pray about what part you will play in helping us REACH MORE?